The family of a Washington State University student who died last weekend says that 18-year-old Kenneth Hummel died from acute alcohol poisoning.
The student from Lynnwood, Washington, was found unconscious Saturday morning at Stephenson Hall on the Pullman campus.
Police say they received a call early Saturday from students saying Hummel was unconscious and they were performing CPR. He died later in the day at Pullman Regional Hospital.
At a press conference in Seattle Wednesday, members of the family say that an autopsy report will indicate Hummel died from “respiratory failure due to acute alcoholic poisoning.”
Family members say Hummel also consumed some energy drinks that they believe contributed to his death. (AP)