AUDIO: Grangeville house sustains significant damage in Sunday night fire

A Grangeville house sustained significant damage as the result of a fire Sunday evening.

Chief Dan Tackett of the Grangeville Volunteer Fire Department says crews responded to the fire at 513 North State Street shortly before 5:30pm.

Chief Tackett comments on the blaze:

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

The investigation is ongoing, but preliminary indications are that the fire’s origin was likely the result of an electrical problem.

21 volunteer firefighters responded along with three engines, the Syringa Hospital EMS crew as well as the Grangeville Police Department and the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office.

About Brian Danner