KOZE AM/FM PSA Events Feb 23, 2010 (use sheet until replaced… thanks!)
(NOTE: if the copy looks a little different that’s because it was written for radio announcers)
1) Drivers are always needed to help deliver ‘Meals On Wheels.’ Over 100 meals are delivered daily in the Lewis-Clark Valley. If you could donate some time and a few dollars worth of gas, please call ‘Meals On Wheels’ at 799 – 57 67.
2) Need information or help getting a G E D? Contact Walla Walla Community College at 1470 Bridge Street as they offer on-going G E D testing sessions each Tuesday and Wednesday along with instruction for the examination thru the adult learning center. For more information, call 758 – 17 08.
3) The LCSC basketball teams continue Frontier Conference play on the road Friday and Saturday night. The women’s game tips off at 4:30 PM followed by the men’s game with Brian Danner’s live call on Talk Radio 950 K O Z E – AM.
5) Tickets are on sale for the Warrior Athletic Association Academic luncheon honoring some 95 student athletes with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. It will be held this Wednesday at 11:30am at the Red Lion..tickets are $20 each..799-2275 for more information.
6) The Lewiston City Library is offering a 3-week workshop called ‘Legally Secure Your Financial Future’ and it starts Tuesday, March 1st at 6pm. It is a free workshop and will be held at the Lewiston Community Center. Call Randy at the Library 743-65 19 for more information
7) The Lewis Clark Friends of the NRA holds a dinner & auction Saturday, Feb 26th at 5:30pm at the Red Lion Hotel. Banquet tickets are $40 each or $70 per couple. Lots of auction items and special drawings will be held..for information 790-37 93.
8) The Salvation Army continues to offer the Evening Meal and can always use donation of food such as meats, canned goods, pastas, breads and beans as well as plastic silverware, paper napkins and plates and other items. Donations can be dropped off at 1835 G Street Monday thru Friday between 9am and 5pm.
9) Lewis Clark Special Olympics invites the public to their 2nd Annual Open House Saturday, Feb 26th from 1 to 4pm at Fenton Gym in Lewiston. Meet many of the athletes and learn more about becoming a part of Special Olympics.
Please email Mike Ripley if you need help promoting a local, non-profit public event.